Alamarin jet Oy has manufactured water jet propulsion units since 1976 in Alahärmä‚ Finland. Alamarin-Jets are used by various authorities including: the coast guard‚ police‚ customs‚ and other military divisions. The jets are also used in pleasure craft applications.
Alamarin jets work for boats with engines ranging from 70 to 450 HP and Boat Weight: 220 to 11,000 lbs.
Here is the Alamarin Jet-288 and IO Control System. Alamarin Jet IO control system is available as option for twin jet boats equipped with Jet-230 or Jet-288 units. The boat can be operated with IO in all situations whether going straight and fast or slowly maneuvering in harbour.
The 288 jet occupies very little space
inside the vessel, extending less that 300mm from the transom into the machinery space, allowing compact installation in all boats whether using a single or twin package. With a low weight of 110kg the company says that the jet is lighter than competitive units, and creates easier trimming of the vessel.
The IO control system is a simple and intuitively while affordable also for smaller boats! A jet boat can be driven with IO in all operational modes (so it fully replaces the conventional shifting mechanism and steering wheel in a boat). A high-tech color display informs the user about the system status. The IO system provides a high safety standard due to back-ups for every vital function.
- Power max. 330kW/443hp
- Rpm max. 35001/s
- Vessel displacement max. 5t/11000lb (single jet)
- Unit weight 120kg/265lb
- Maximum diameter of impeller 288mm/11.4”
- Materials Aluminum, high grade stainless steel, plastic
- Water in the inlet 17l*/0.6ft
Installation in general:
- Jet takes small space from engine compartment. However it can be integrated deeper into the boat hull.
- Very quick installation in serial production. Installation template shape is in the hull mould. The jet can be installed also into one-off boats.
- Compact structure, no complicated adjustments
- Standard coupling flange is DIN-150, adapters for different intermediate shafts are available.
Bearings and main shaft:
- In the front end there is axial thrust bearing that carries loads in both directions. The same bearing carries also radial loads.
- Mechanical sealing in the inlet side.
- Oil lubrication, oil circulates through the reservoir when main shaft rotates. Impurities are gathered in the reservoir.
- Very easy to maintain.
- In the rear end there is grease lubricated needle roller bearing.
- Lubrication machine as a standard. Lubrication channel leads from engine compartment to rear bearing housing.
- Shaft seals are protected against over pressure.
- Very easy to maintain
- In the end of the shaft there is slide bushing that can be replaced if worn.
- Water lubricated bearing can be used also.
- To prevent lines and ropes to cut in the main shaft hole in the inlet, there is contra-thread on the shaft.
Installation in general:
- Steering and control
- For steering there is mechanical levers and shaft-system. Steering lever can be moved mechanically by cable, hydraulic or electrical device.
- Lever is fixed on the shaft with taper bush. position can be chosen freely.
- Grease lubricated lead-in in the transom for steering shaft.
- Steering nozzle works perfectly due to fin in the centerline. It is not in the free flow when going sforward so it does not cause resistance. Steering is very exact also at slow speed.
- Reverse deflector hydraulic system is controlled mechanically by cable.
- Reverse deflector is rugged aluminum casting.
- Very powerfull, flow is devided in the both channels.
- Compact hydraulic system, pump as a standard. Cylinder is developed by Alamarin-Jet.
- Very easy to adjust