DrSails Adhesive is an epoxy adhesive developed to repair and mount various applications on a sailboat. It can be used to glue fiber glass, carbon, metal, wood, wetsuit and can even be used to repair sails. What makes DrSails unique is the fact that is stays flexible and therefore is shock-resistant. It can also be applied on wet surfaces or even under water.
DrSails is a 2-component adhesive that will be mixed by the unique nozzle and therefore it is always ready to use.
- Working Time: 8 minutes
- Working Temperature: Tested Range: -9 oC to 22oC
- Can be applied on wet and/or greasy surfaces
- Easy to apply with the supplied mixing nozzles
- Suitable for Fiberglass, Carbon Fibre, Sailcloth (Mylar, Dacron, Kevlar, Thecnora, Twaron), Wood, Metal, Leather, Neoprene & Plastics
- Flexible: 4.5MPa flexural strength (ISO 178). Flexible as a PU, structural as an epoxy.
- Structural: Reaches over 200kg/cm2. Ideal for bonding a full range of materials such as metals, wood, composites, sailcloth, wetsuit and plastics.
- Underwater: Bonds under fresh, salty or even sparkling water. It also bonds under fuel or gasoline.
- Elongation: 108% at elastic limit
- Shelf life: 36 months.
The core business of Sailing Technologies consist of the marinization and sale of the products developed by sailing research groups at universities, in the sailing industry and in high level competition and recreational sailing in particular. Our knowledge of the sailing industry, from the most amateur level to competition sailing at the highest level, enables us to put our products constantly to the test. They are initially tested by innovative teams in high-level competition, allowing us to guarantee the highest quality of products by Sailing Technologies